As you have probably noticed by now, PIM is pretty flexible when it comes to inspections. It's all about getting them done the way you want.
If you've already done an inspection before, you can use that to do a Repeat Inspection option. Or as a PIM Premium user, you can import your property data from your existing property management system.
But you can always just create a new inspection manually. Let's look at how to do that now.
Step 1: Tap the Inspections tab at the bottom of the screen.
Step 2: Now tap Inspections in the top left corner.
Step 3: To create a new inspection, tap the ‘+’ symbol in the top left corner.
Step 4: Select the Property Profile which best suits the property you will be inspecting.
(Handy hint: You can always change these profiles to suit your typical property layout in Settings > PIM Admin > Property Profiles)
Step 5: Add the required property information by tying into the fields. All fields marked with a ‘*’ symbol are mandatory.
- Address - Type the Address & Suburb manually and Postcode if needed. The State is auto-filled according to your account settings. You can change the State here if needed, but remember that if conducting a Condition Report, you may need to talk to us about how best to manage your region-specific report templates.
- Date - By default, PIM will use today's date, but you can tap on this line to change.
- Type - This will default to the type assigned in Settings > PIM Admin > Default Settings, but you can just change it here to suit the type of inspection you are performing today. A Property Inspection Report is typically used for routine or periodical inspections, while a Property Condition Report is used for the more detailed Entry/Exits, Ingoing/Outgoing, Inspection Sheets etc. For more information please refer to our Understanding Inspection Types guide. (Handy Hint: if you need to change the Inspection Type, make sure you do it now. Changing this after the inspection is created may cause some issues for you later!)
- Inspector – If your name isn't displayed by default, tap on this line to select yourself from the list. If your name isn't in the list at all, you will need to go into Settings > PIM Admin > Inspectors to set yourself up. (Handy Hint: If there are multiple Inspectors set up on the device, the person at the top of the list will become the default for new Inspections.
- Lease Details - Here you can add any relevant details about Tenants, Owners and other general property information. (Handy Hint: Did you know that as a PIM Premium customer, you can do a bulk import all your property information from your property management system. Find out about this fantastic feature in our Integration user guides.)
Step 6: Once you have added all the property info complete tap Done.
Step 7: You are now in the Inspection Home Screen. Tap Inspection Areas at the bottom to look at your property layout.
Step 8: Update Property Layout. Because you created the inspection using a default Property Profile, you will find that the list of Inspection Areas probably doesn't reflect the physical layout of the property. That's ok! You can change things now so that they all appear in the same order as you would walk through the property. Simply use the options in the top right corner to change the order, delete unnecessary areas or add new ones.
Once you have tapped the Edit option, you will see toggle circle icons on the left, and triple line icons on the right for reordering. To Batch Delete, inspection areas tap on the circle icons for the areas you need to delete and then tap Delete below. You will be prompted to confirm the action. You can also delete a single Inspection Area by simply "Swiping" your finger from Right to Left on the screen over the Inspection Area.
To reorder Inspection Areas, tap and hold the triple line icon until it is highlighted blue, then drag it up or down to a new position. When you have finished making your layout changes, tap Done.