We have recently had reports of iPad's running out of space that is unrelated to PIM. In actual fact the iPad is not out of space it's a bug with recent iOS updates. Recent iOS updates seem to be caching a lot of material Apple normally removes after the update and thinks its out of space when it's not.
Step 1: Verify that this is problem
- On the iPad, go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage
- Look at the "Used" vs "Available" space at the top of the list, also check what App is using the most space.
- If the total size for all your Apps (including Photos & Camera) is far less than the Used Space (in GB or gigabytes), then it indicates there is unaccounted for space on your iPad which needs to be addressed (and is unrelated to the PIM app) so proceed to Step 2. If PIM is using most of the capacity of the iPad then we would advise optimising your photos in PIM before proceeding to reclaim some space. More information about optimising photos in PIM can be found in this solution.
Step 2: Backup your iPad
- As recommended by Apple to reclaim the missing space on the iPad it will need to reset, which involves removing all apps and data (including your PIM data). So that your iPad data is safe (which includes PIM and your Inspections) it will need to be manually backed up and then later restored. To perform a manual backup of the iPad via iTunes please follow these instructions - iTunes Backup.
Step 3: Reset your iPad
- Please make sure you have backed up your iPad manually via Step 2 as this step wipes the iPad of everything! You can verify the backup has finished successfully in iTunes Preferences > Devices. You should see the name of your device with the date and time that iTunes created the backup.
- To reset your iPad go to: Settings > General > Reset (you may have to scroll down) > Erase All Content and Settings and follow the prompts.
- Then restore the iPad using iTunes Restore and follow the prompts.
After completion, your iPad will return to its proper state and hopefully reclaim your missing space allowing you to use PIM and other apps on your iPad again.