Property Management Software Support - Cirrus Instructions for PIM
Syncing your inspections and reports between Cirrus8 and Property Inspection Manager has just become a lot easier for PIM Premium users using PIM v3.6.0+. Cirrus8 users can now directly import their inspections from Cirrus8 using a single click in PIM and then automatically push their Routine, Maintenance or Tenant Inspection reports back into Cirrus8. Only 'Scheduled' Inspections will be imported into PIM.
Downloading your Cirrus8 inspections into PIM on the iPad involves only one step and we also walk you through how to automatically uploading your reports into Cirrus8.
Before scheduling your Inspection in Cirrus8 ensure that the "Template" in Cirrus8 matches an existing Property Profile available in PIM. When importing, if the Template set in Cirrus8 does not already exist in PIM then PIM will import the Inspection using the Default Profile configured in PIM. You can set the Template from the drop down list in Cirrus8 as per the screenshot below. If you need further Templates created in Cirrus8 please contact email@example.com
Check that your Cirrus8 Templates
match the Property Profiles in PIM
Check that your Property Profiles in PIM
match the Templates in Cirrus8
Check out - Setting up Property Profiles in PIM if you need more assistance. Configuring Property Profiles can be done in the PIM app via Settings > PIM Admin > Property Profiles
(1) Downloading your Cirrus8 inspections into PIM On The iPad
With the new Cirrus8 integration it now only takes a single click to import your inspections. Make sure you have set up your Cirrus8 API access token, using the instructions link above, and you have opened PIM, logged in and have network connectivity. Remember that the import function is only available for PIM Premium accounts.
Step 1: Check the following in PIM to make sure your data import goes smoothly;
- Check the Portfolio Manager names in Cirrus8 match up with the Inspector names in PIM. If they don't PIM will Import using the Default Inspector, this is the Inspector listed at the top of your inspectors' list via Settings > PIM Admin > Inspectors. The PIM app will automatically associate the default Property Manager/Inspector in PIM against new Properties imported. To change the Default Inspector simply click Edit and then using the small bars move the desired Inspector to the top position and then click Done to save. The new Default Inspector is now ready !!.
- Your Templates in Cirrus8 need to sync with the PIM Property Profiles. Check that they are the same or PIM will use the Default Property Profile. Check out - Setting up Property Profiles in PIM if you need more assistance. Configuring Property Profiles can be done in the PIM app via Settings > PIM Admin > Property Profiles
- Set the correct Inspection Type via Settings > PIM Admin > Inspection Type. Note the default Inspection Type is Inspection Report.
- Set 'Quick Check Always Ticked' in Settings > PIM Admin if you require all quick check labels to be automatically ticked 'on'.
- Make sure your iPad is in horizontal mode rather than landscape.
Step 2: Tap the Import tab at the bottom of the PIM screen.
Step 3: Once in the Import screen, tap Import Data in the top left corner.
Step 4: Tap the Refresh Icon (the circular arrow) in the bottom left corner then OK in the pop-up window to start the download.
Step 5: Tap on the inspections available to import.
Step 6: Use the toggles to select New Properties (1) or Existing Properties With Updated Info (2). Properties available for import will be displayed at the bottom of the screen. You can tap to select specific properties or select all.
- New properties are those properties that have not previously been imported into PIM.
- Updated properties are those previously imported properties that contain updated information from Cirrus8 and contain a newer Inspection Date. When importing updated properties, PIM will automatically perform a 'Repeat Inspection' on these selected properties and a new Inspection will be created with updated Inspection Dates and include related updated tenancy data. The previous Inspection Area layout is preserved and any history notes are associated with that Inspection. We never update existing Inspections for safety and auditing reasons and to preserve the history of that Inspection in the app.
- To filter only properties assigned to yourself or the default Inspector toggle Show Only Default Inspector.
Step 7: Tap the Action Icon (1) in the top right, then Import All or Import Selected (2) as required.
Step 8: Tap Continue to create a new inspection template based on the Property Profile set for the Inspection in Cirrus8 (or the default if unavailable), or tap one of the other Profile options.
Step 9: Tap OK to confirm successful import.
Step 10: Your new inspections will now be displayed in the Inspection List in the Inspections Tab. Go ahead and complete the inspection in the usual way by adding notes and photos. Remember you will need to Submit your inspection at the end to generate your reports.
(2) Uploading your reports into Cirrus8
Your generated Routine, Maintenance or Tenant Inspection reports will now be automatically uploaded to Cirrus8 whenever you use Submit Inspection. This process will upload the PDF only.
Please note that only those inspections who have been directly imported from Cirrus8 will have their reports uploaded. If you have entered an Inspection manually in the PIM app, unfortunately, this is unable to be pushed back into Cirrus8 automatically however you can easily upload the generated reports manually. Find out more about uploading reports into Cirrus8 in our guide - Uploading Reports Into Cirrus8.
If you have accidentally chosen Preview Inspection, no need to worry as you can still upload your generated Routine, Maintenance or Tenant Inspection report back to Cirrus8. Simply open the Report or Document Folder (at the top of the screen) for that Inspection, tap Options and Send to Cirrus8. See below.
When the report has been uploaded, the inspection status in Cirrus8 will change to Conducted (The report is not allowed to be sent when the status is closed or cancelled).
If you experience any problems or have questions about the new Cirrus8 Data Import process, please contact PIM Support.