Property Management Software Support - Cirrus Instructions for PIM
Data sharing between Cirrus 8 and Property Inspection Manager is simple for PIM Premium users using PIM v3.6.0+. With a single tap, users can import upcoming scheduled inspections straight into PIM and then automatically push their Routine, Maintenance or Tenant Inspection reports back into Cirrus8. Only 'Scheduled' Inspections will be imported into PIM.
Downloading your Cirrus8 inspections into PIM on the iPad involves only one step and we also walk you through how to automatically uploading your reports into Cirrus8.
Before scheduling your Inspection in Cirrus8 ensure that the "Template" in Cirrus8 matches an existing Property Profile available in PIM. When importing, if the Template set in Cirrus8 does not already exist in PIM then PIM will import the Inspection using the Default Profile configured in PIM. You can set the Template from the drop down list in Cirrus8 as per the screenshot below. If you need further Templates created in Cirrus8 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Check that your Cirrus8 Templates match the Property Profiles in PIM
Check that your Property Profiles in PIM match the Templates in Cirrus8
STEP 1: Import Data To PIM From Cirrus 8
The import relies on information in PIM Settings so it is important to know how yours is set up.
- Default Inspector/Portfolio Manager - PIM will choose an Inspector to attach to the new inspection. Check the Portfolio Manager names in Cirrus8 match up with the Inspector names in PIM. By default, it will select the first person listed in Settings > PIM Admin > Inspectors.
- Templates in Cirrus8 need to sync with the PIM Property Profiles. Check that they are the same or PIM will use the Default Property Profile. Check out - Setting up Property Profiles in PIM if you need more assistance. Configuring Property Profiles can be done in the PIM app via Settings > PIM Admin > Property Profiles
- Inspection Type - Routine Inspections are the most common type of inspection performed and will be the default for imports. However, you can change this in Settings > PIM Admin > Inspection Type if your are needing to set up for Condition Reports instead.
- Quick Checks - Set 'Quick Check Always Ticked' in Settings > PIM Admin if you require all quick check labels to be automatically ticked 'on'.
- Make sure your iPad is connected to the internet.
1: Tap the Import tab at the bottom of the PIM screen.
2: Tap Import Data in the top left corner of the new screen.
3: Pull your finger down the left side of the screen to refresh with the latest inspection data from Property Me.
4: Properties ready to import will be colour coded with a green or orange bar on the left.
Green - First time inspections for PIM. Will be imported using the default property profile
Orange - PIM has recognised this property already exists on the iPad and will use the last inspection to create a duplicate or "repeat inspection" which retains the property layout and previous inspection notes.
If you have a large number of inspections in the import list, you may also want to use one of the filter or sort options in the top right corner.
5: When you are ready to complete the import, tap the Action Icon (1) in the top right, then Import All or Import Selected as required.
6: Tap Continue.
7: Tap OK to confirm successful import. Your new inspections have now been imported and are ready to go in the inspections tab.
Your new inspections will now be ready to go in the Inspections tab. You can now go ahead and complete the inspections as they fall due. Remember to complete the inspection by using Submit to send a copy of the report to your email. Don't forget to save a copy to your computer where you can find it.
STEP 2: Uploading your reports into Cirrus8
Your generated Routine, Maintenance or Tenant Inspection reports will now be automatically uploaded to Cirrus8 whenever you use Submit Inspection. This process will upload the PDF only.
Please note that only those inspections who have been directly imported from Cirrus8 will have their reports uploaded. If you have entered an Inspection manually in the PIM app, unfortunately, this is unable to be pushed back into Cirrus8 automatically however you can easily upload the generated reports manually. Find out more about uploading reports into Cirrus8 in our guide - Uploading Reports Into Cirrus8.
If you have accidentally chosen Preview Inspection, no need to worry as you can still upload your generated Routine, Maintenance or Tenant Inspection report back to Cirrus8. Simply open the Report or Document Folder (at the top of the screen) for that Inspection, tap Options and Send to Cirrus8. See below.
When the report has been uploaded, the inspection status in Cirrus8 will change to Conducted (The report is not allowed to be sent when the status is closed or cancelled).
If you experience any problems or have questions about the new Cirrus8 Data Import process, please contact PIM Support.