Property Management Software Support - Property Tree Instructions for PIM
Syncing your inspections and reports between Property Tree and Property Inspection Manager is simple for PIM Premium users using PIM v3.6.4 or greater. With a single tap, users can import upcoming 'Confirmed' inspections straight into PIM and then automatically push the completed reports back into Property Tree after the inspection is done.
Watch the Property Tree video on the PIM Youtube Channel or follow the written instructions below.
Before you Start (First Time Only)
The Property Tree import relies on information in PIM Settings so it is important to know how yours is set up.
- Property Tree API Key - Make sure the Property Tree API is already linked in your PIM Account. Head on over to Property Tree Integration Instructions - Setup guide if you need help setting this up the first time.
- Enable Property Tree Integration from the iPad - Once we have advised you that we have uploaded the API file, you need to enable the Property Tree Integration from the iPad. If you can navigate to Settings > Advanced, Integrations About the App > then tap Enable Property Tree.
- Default Inspector - PIM will choose an Inspector to attach to the new inspection. By default, it will select the first person listed in Settings > PIM Admin > Inspectors.
- Property Profile - During the import, PIM will look for matching properties from your previous inspections. If it can't find a match, the new inspection will be set up against the default Property Profile assigned in Settings > PIM Admin > Property Profile Manager. Check out the Setting up Property Profiles in PIM guide to understand more about how these are used.
- Inspection Type - Routine Inspections are the most common type of inspection performed and will be the default for imports. However, you can change this in Settings > PIM Admin > Inspection Type if your are needing to set up for Condition Reports instead.
- Quick Checks - Set 'Quick Check Always Ticked' in Settings > PIM Admin if you require all quick check labels to be automatically ticked 'on'.
- Make sure your iPad is connected to the internet.
Step 1 - Import Data From Property Tree
1: Tap the Import tab at the bottom of the PIM screen.
2: Tap Import Data in the top left corner of the new screen.
3: Pull your finger down the left side of the screen to refresh with the latest 'Confirmed' inspections from Property Tree.
4: Properties ready to import will be colour coded with a green or orange bar on the left.Green - First time inspections for PIM. Will be imported using the default property profile
Orange - PIM has recognised this property already exists on the iPad and will use the last inspection to create a duplicate or "repeat inspection" which retains the property layout and previous inspection notes.
If you have a large number of inspections in the import list, you may also want to use one of the filter or sort options in the top right corner.
5: When you are ready to complete the import, tap the Action Icon (1) in the top right, then Import All or Import Selected as required.
6: Tap Continue.
7: Tap OK to confirm successful import. Your new inspections have now been imported and are ready to go in the inspections tab.
Step 2 - Inspect & Submit
Your newly imported inspections are now ready to go in the Inspection List in the Inspections Tab.
Go ahead and complete the inspection in the usual way by adding notes and photos and Submit when done. Submitting the inspection will upload a copy of the report into Property Tree and update the inspection status from "Confirmed" to "Conducted". (The report is not allowed to be sent when the status is closed or cancelled).
(Note: Only inspections created from an import, and Routine/Cleaning or Tenant reports can be exported automatically into Property Tree. For manual export instructions, refer to this guide Uploading Reports Into Property Tree.)
Re-sending to Property Tree
If you only previewed the inspection or need to re-send to Property Tree, simply go into the home screen of the inspection.
1. Tap the Report/Document icon in the top left corner.
2. Tap Options then Send to Property Tree.
A message will appear confirming if the sending was successful.
For PIM related questions, please contact PIM Support.