Property Management Software Support - Chintaro Instructions for PIM
Data sharing between Chintaro and Property Inspection Manager is available for PIM Premium users. If you are not using the latest PIM, contact support to upgrade. Also please contact Chintaro Support
for help setting up your version of Chintaro to be compatible with PIM.
To activate Chintaro functionality within PIM please navigate to Settings > Advanced > Enable Chintaro and enter the passcode of C2015
A few notes on PIM and Chintaro functionality :
- Only those Inspections which have been imported into PIM from Chintaro can be pushed back into Chintaro.
- Please use Chintaro to schedule future Inspections. This will automatically perform a Repeat Inspection as part of that process if it’s related to an existing property. There is no need to use “Repeat Inspection” in the PIM app.
- The completed Inspections in PIM can be pushed back into Chintaro using Submit Inspection functionality. When using this option in PIM it will not only generate an email your completed Inspection Report but also push the full Inspection (including maintenance notes) back into Chintaro. Please note that only those photos marked as "Include in Maintenance" will be pushed back into Chintaro, and NOT ALL photos.
If you prefer the textual guide on exporting from Chinatro please follow the below steps:
(1) Export Property Information from Chintaro
For this first step, it is important that you have scheduled Inspections in Chintaro. To access your Property Inspection Functions in Chintaro, from the Home Screen navigate to Property Maintenance > Inspections > Schedule Inspections. The "Next Inspection" field needs to have a date entered. Once complete tap "Process Scheduled".
(2) Upload your Inspection Data file to PIM
Next, you will need to upload the file with the Inspections data that you created from Chintaro to the Property Inspection Manager (PIM) website www.propertyinspectionmanager.com.
From the Home Page, click Signup/Login
Sign in with your Email Address & Password. Click
Click the tab
Now import the file Chintaro created in Step 1.
1. Select the Product/Version: Drop the list down, and select Chintaro
2. Click Choose File, and select the file from the C/CHINTARO/Data/Inspections_Export folder.
If you are unable to find the location of your data file you can check this from Preferences page in Chintaro:
To do this to go to Home > System Maintenance > Preferences > Maintenance. It will look like this, PIM Export Folder sets where the .csv will go.
Note that the path will vary from client to client.
CHINATRO CLOUD USERS - Cloud-based Chintaro location:
If you are a Chintaro cloud user, the export location should always save to F:\cXXXX\Data\Inspection_Exports unless altered by the organisation.
Where XXXX is the initials of your organisation.
To get to the F:\ you open up Windows Explorer from Parallels (highlighted in the screenshot above) then navigate to F:\cXXXX\Data\Inspection_Exports.
All PIM Export files in the Inspections_Export folder will be named PIM_YEAR_MONTH_DATE_TIME.csv.
Click Open, and then click
The file has now been uploaded. Follow the below steps to import the inspections into PIM on your iPad or iPhone.
(3) Download Import files into PIM on the iPad or iPhone
Step 1: Tap the Import tab at the bottom of the PIM screen.
Step 2: Tap Import Data in the top left corner of the new screen.
Step 3: Pull your finger down the left side of the screen to refresh with the latest inspection data from REST.
Step 4: Properties ready to import will be colour coded with a green or orange bar on the left.
Green - First-time inspections for PIM. Will be imported using the default property profile
Orange - PIM has recognised this property already exists on the device and will use the last inspection to create a duplicate or "repeat inspection" which retains the property layout and previous inspection notes.
If you have a large number of inspections in the import list, you may also want to use one of the filters or sort options in the top right corner.
Step 5: When you are ready to complete the import, tap the Action Icon (1) in the top right, then Import All or Import Selected as required.
Step 6: Tap Continue.
Step 7: Tap OK to confirm the successful import.
Your new inspections will now be ready to go in the Inspections tab. You can now go ahead and complete the inspections as they fall due. Remember to complete the inspection by using Submit to send a copy of the report to your email. Don't forget to save a copy to your computer where you can find it.