Inspection Areas form the foundation for any inspection. These are the specific areas within a property that you look at during your inspection. These are further broken down into key elements or Sub Inspection Areas such as doors, walls, windows, flooring etc.
We've given you a pretty comprehensive list of standard Inspection Areas to start with, but like most things in PIM, you can fully customise the areas you see to reflect your own inspection process.
You can watch the video here, or follow the written instructions below :
To make custom changes, you will need to go to Settings > PIM Admin > Inspection Areas.
There are four customisation options;
- Add New Area(s)
Modify Existing Area(s)
Disable Existing Area(s)
Change Default Order
(1) Add New Area(s)
Once in settings, you can add new Inspection Areas or Sub Inspection Areas.
- Tap the "+" symbol in the top right corner above the list.
- Type the Inspection Area Name (1), any required Pre-Populated Notes (2) or Pre-Populated Additional Notes (3) and add relevant Sub Inspection Areas (4) then tap Done (5).
- If you only need to add Sub Inspection Areas, you will first need to go into the relevant parent Inspection Area. then add Name and Pre-Populated Notes/ Additional as required.
(Note: Newly created Inspection Areas will be displayed at the bottom of the list, so you may want to change the order of the list by following the last step in this guide.)
(2) Modify Existing Area(s)
You may need to change the Name, Pre-Populated Notes or Sub Inspection Areas of an existing Inspection Area.
- Tap the current Inspection Area from the list.
- Once in the area screen, make the required changes then tap Done to save and return to the main area list.
(3) Disable Existing Area(s)
Because we want to protect your historical inspection data, we won't let you delete an Inspection Area from Settings. Instead, we give you a Disable function.
- Tap Edit from above the Inspection Areas list.
- Tap the Inspection Area (1) (or Sub Inspection Area) then Disable (2). Once finished, tap Done to save and return to the main area list.
(4) Change Default Order
The order of the list in settings will determine the default order of areas in a new Inspection. Remember these can be rearranged within specific inspections to reflect the actual layout of the property, but you may want to rearrange the default order to reflect a logical inspection flow from front of property to back.
- Tap Edit from above the Inspection Areas or Sub Inspection Areas list.
- Tap and hold the handle symbol on the right side of the Inspection Area line and drag up to a new position before lifting your finger.
(Note: If you have added new Inspection Areas in settings, they will be automatically placed at the bottom of the area list, so you may need to move them up to a more appropriate position.)