We know that no two properties are identical, but when performing a first time inspection in PIM, it is great to be able to use a basic property layout to get started. We call this a Property Profile.
We've given you a couple of basic Property Profiles to get started with, but like most things in PIM, you can fully customise these to reflect the types of properties in your portfolio.
Find out how to set up your Property Profiles by watching the video, or follow the written instructions below.
When considering the Property Profiles needed for your portfolio, divide your properties into types (such as four bedroom houses, or two bedroom apartments). You can then set up basic Property Profiles for the most common types. You can create as many profiles as you need, but most customers just stick with two or three main ones. It is always better to start with larger profiles (such as choosing a 4x2 rather than 3x2) as it is much easier to remove extra rooms in an inspection than to add new ones.
Property Profiles are also used when importing bulk new property data from your Property Management System so make sure the one you assign as default is a good fit for your portfolio. (See our Data Sharing solutions for more information on this PIM Premium feature.)
Property Profiles are found in Settings > PIM Admin > Property Profiles. From here you can do one of three things;
- Add New
- Edit Existing
- Delete Existing
(1) Add New
You can create a new Property Profile in addition to the ones already displayed in your list.
- Tap the "+" symbol in the top right corner above the list.
- In the new Property Profile Manager Screen, type a Profile Name which will be easily identified from a list.
- Use the toggle (On/Off) to assign as the Default for Import. This is only used by PIM Premium customers while importing property information from an external property management system (such as Property Tree, Rest, GeeDee etc).
(Note: Default can only be assigned to one Property Profile at a time.)
- Assign Inspection Areas from the list by using the plus or minus symbols on the right.
(Note: If you want to change the default order of areas, you will need to change them in Settings > PIM Admin > Inspection Areas. Refer to our Setting Up Inspection Areas guide for more information)
- Once finished, click Done to return to the main list.
(2) Edit Existing
You may want to change the Name, Inspection Areas, or assign an existing Property Profile as default for importing.
- Tap an existing profile line to enter the Property Profile Manager screen,
- Make the required changes then tap Done to return to the main list.
(3) Delete Existing
- To delete an existing Property Profile, hold your finger on the line and swipe left to display the Delete option on the right.
- Tap Delete to confirm.