Property Management Software Support - RealPro Instructions for PIM
Data sharing between RealPro and Property Inspection Manager is simple for PIM Premium users. With a single tap, users can import upcoming scheduled inspections straight into PIM. You can import data including Inspection Dates, Property, Owner and Tenant details.
Importing from RealPro into PIM involves three stages;
(1) Exporting your Inspections from your Tenant List in RealPro to a (csv) file,
(2) Uploading the file (csv) to our secure and confidential website using your PIM Premium login credentials,
(3) Download Import files into PIM on the iPad or iPhone,
In this guide we will also walk you through;
(4) Uploading your reports into RealPro. (Coming Soon)
Before you Start (First Time Only)
The RealPro import relies on information in PIM Settings so it is important to know how yours is set up.
- Default Inspector - PIM will choose an Inspector to attach to the new inspection. By default, it will select the first person listed in Settings > PIM Admin > Inspectors.
- Property Profile - During the import, PIM will look for matching properties from your previous inspections. If it can't find a match, the new inspection will be set up against the default Property Profile assigned in Settings > PIM Admin > Property Profile Manager. Check out the Setting up Property Profiles in PIM guide to understand more about how these are used.
- Inspection Type - Routine Inspections are the most common type of inspection performed and will be the default for imports. However, you can change this in Settings > PIM Admin > Inspection Type if you are needing to set up for Condition Reports instead.
- Quick Checks - Set 'Quick Check Always Ticked' in Settings > PIM Admin if you require all quick check labels to be automatically ticked 'on'.
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet.
STEP 1: Export your data out of RealPro
- In RealPro go to the Main Menu, select Master Files and then Specifications
- In the Specifications, screen click on the Parameters tab
- Then select PIM from the dropdown menu
- Then to export your properties from the Main Menu select Tenant Lists
- From Tenant Lists select Inspections
- To select ALL Properties to be exported fill in the ranges as follows:
Where the From date is blank and the To date is 2 weeks from now. We would recommend max export of 14 days.
- A list of all properties will then be displayed
- Click on the Filter dropdown and select All
- Double click to deselect any properties that you do not want to export
- Click on the button
- A comma-delimited export file will be created in the Generic PIM format
- A message will appear telling you where the file has been created named iPad_PIM_TX.csv. Take note of the saved location as this is the file that is then uploaded to your PIM account as per Step 2.
STEP 2: Upload CSV file to your PIM account
- On a computer go to www.propertyinspectionmanager.com and log in using your PIM Premium account details. This is the same Email and Password you use to log in to PIM on your iPad.
- Select the Import Files tab. If there are any existing .CSV files from the previous upload, just tap Delete to remove any old ones and click OK.
- Select Browse/Choose File (depending on whether which browser you are using) and then navigate to the location you saved the file as mentioned in Step 1 and select the file iPad_PIM_TX.csv
- Select RealPro from the "Select the Product/Version" drop-down button since you are using the Property Management System of RealPro shown below.
- Click Upload File.
- If an error appears such as the selected file already exists you will need to rename the file so that it is unique. Try incorporating today's date into the filename i.e. 28112018-iPad_PIM_TX.csv or simply delete the existing file located in your account with the same filename and upload again.
STEP 3: Download Import files into PIM on the iPad or iPhone
1: Tap the Import tab at the bottom of the PIM screen.
2: Tap Import Data in the top left corner of the new screen.
3: Pull your finger down the left side of the screen to refresh with the latest inspection data from RealPro.
4: Properties ready to import will be colour coded with a green or orange bar on the left.
Green - First-time inspections for PIM. Will be imported using the default property profile
Orange - PIM has recognised this property already exists on the device and will use the last inspection to create a duplicate or "repeat inspection" which retains the property layout and previous inspection notes.
If you have a large number of inspections in the import list, you may also want to use one of the filters or sort options in the top right corner.
5: When you are ready to complete the import, tap the Action Icon (1) in the top right, then Import All or Import Selected as required.
6: Tap Continue.
7: Tap OK to confirm the successful import. Your new inspections have now been imported and are ready to go in the inspections tab.
Your new inspections will now be ready to go in the Inspections tab. You can now go ahead and complete the inspections as they fall due. Remember to complete the inspection by using Submit to send a copy of the report to your email. Don't forget to save a copy to your computer where you can find it.
If you experience any problems or have questions about the new RealPro data Import process, please contact PIM Support.