We like to think PIM is pretty easy to use, and many people learn by just tapping buttons to see what happens. That's ok as we all learn in different ways, and you won't break anything by experimenting.
But if you are a little out of your comfort zone, you might like a little help getting around. So let's show you what to expect once you log in.
PIM Tab Bar
Our main menu or tab bar appears along the bottom of the screen and you can see this from pretty much anywhere in PIM.
- Inspections - For creating, modifying, previewing and submitting your inspections. (See How To Guides - Inspections). Please also see the last section of this guide for display options in the Inspection Menu.
- Import - For bringing in property data from an external system. This feature is only available to PIM Premium customers. (See Data Sharing from REST, Property Tree, GeeDee, Console, Chintaro & Palace)
- Share - Here you can share inspections between iPads on the same PIM Premium account. (See Sharing Inspections)
- Notes - A great place to capture notes outside of an inspection. Each note is flagged with a date and time.
- Helpdesk - Use for quick access links to our Getting Started Video, online help guides and videos, or to email PIM support. It's also a quick way to rate PIM on the App Store.
- Settings - You can customise many things in PIM, and settings are where you go to do it. (See How To Guides - Settings)
Common Buttons You Will See In PIM
When using PIM you will see a number of common buttons or icons. In most cases, they are displayed in the top title bar, but some will appear within a field.
|Blue text usually appears in the top left title bar of most open screens. Tapping this text will return back to the parent screen.
|Add a new item to a list or add a new inspection.
|Tap to edit an existing item or view other delete or modify options.
|After tapping Edit, you may see the option to delete symbol on the left of each line indicating that it can be deleted.
|After tapping Edit you may see this icon indicating you can change the order of the lines. gently tap and hold your finger to highlight the line then drag up to a new position.
|Done appears in the top right corner of a screen and will confirm the changes made in an Edit or new inspection screen.
|Arrow appears at the right end of a line which has either the option to enter data or select from an options list
|This symbol appears on the right side of most notes fields and will open the Shorthand Word list.
|Report history icon. Only appears in the inspection home screen.
|Toggles are only found in Settings or Import menus and can be tapped to turn a feature on (green) or off (white).
|The action button can be found on inspection and import screens. Tapping the icon will display a list of action options.
|The more button shows some additional options within an inspection home screen or reports history
Inspection List Options
Since you will spend most of your time in the Inspection area, it is important that you know how to work your way around the Inspection List (visible once you tap Inspections from the bottom menu.
Initially, you won't have anything in your list, but as you complete inspections, or perform a data import, they will all appear here.
Let's look at what you can do from the Inspection List.