Property Management Software Support - GeeDee Instructions for PIM
Data sharing between GeeDee and Property Inspection Manager is simple for PIM Premium users. With a single tap, users can import upcoming scheduled inspections straight into PIM.
Importing from GeeDee into PIM involves two stages;
(1) Uploading the file (txt) to our secure and confidential website using your PIM Premium login credentials,
(2) Download Import files into PIM on the iPad,
In this guide we will also walk you through;
(3) Uploading your reports into GeeDee.
Important Note: The import relies on GeeDee producing an automated report file during the end of day backups and transaction list print outs. As this is created in the back end you will need to contact GeeDee on (08) 9364 6677 or email email@example.com to get this set up for you. Just let them know you will be using Property Inspection Manager.
Before you Start (First Time Only)
The GeeDee import relies on information in PIM Settings on your iPad so it is important to know how yours is set up.
- Default Inspector - PIM will choose an Inspector to attach to the new inspection. By default, it will select the first person listed in Settings > PIM Admin > Inspectors.
- Property Profile - During the import, PIM will look for matching properties from your previous inspections. If it can't find a match, the new inspection will be set up against the default Property Profile assigned in Settings > PIM Admin > Property Profile Manager. Check out the Setting up Property Profiles in PIM guide to understand more about how these are used.
- Inspection Type - Routine Inspections are the most common type of inspection performed and will be the default for imports. However, you can change this in Settings > PIM Admin > Inspection Type if your are needing to set up for Condition Reports instead.
- Quick Checks - Set 'Quick Check Always Ticked' in Settings > PIM Admin if you require all quick check labels to be automatically ticked 'on'.
- Make sure your iPad is connected to the internet.
When you are ready to go, follow the rest of the instructions below.
STEP 1: Upload TXT file to your PIM account
- On a computer go to www.propertyinspectionmanager.com and log in using your PIM Premium account details. This is the same Email and Password you use to log in to PIM on your iPad.
- Select the Import Files tab.
- Select Browse/Choose File (depending on whether which browser you are using) and then navigate to G:\Program Files\GeeDee\Proman\Archives\ and select the file Property_Inspection_Manager.txt. (Note: If the file does not exist then please contact GeeDee support on (08) 9364 6677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Select GeeDee v2 from the "Select the Product/Version" drop-down button since you are using the Property Management System of GeeDee as shown below.
- Click Upload File.
- If an error appears such as the selected file could already exists you will need to rename the file so that it is unique. Try incorporating today's date into the filename i.e. 03062015-Property_Inspection_Manager.txt or simply delete the existing file located in your account with the same filename and upload again.
STEP 2: Import Data To PIM From GeeDee on the iPa
1: Tap the Import tab at the bottom of the PIM screen.
2: Tap Import Data in the top left corner of the new screen.
3: Pull your finger down the left side of the screen to refresh with the latest inspection data from GeeDee.
4: Properties ready to import will be colour coded with a green or orange bar on the left.
Green - First time inspections for PIM. Will be imported using the default property profile
Orange - PIM has recognised this property already exists on the iPad and will use the last inspection to create a duplicate or "repeat inspection" which retains the property layout and previous inspection notes.
If you have a large number of inspections in the import list, you may also want to use one of the filter or sort options in the top right corner.
5: When you are ready to complete the import, tap the Action Icon (1) in the top right, then Import All or Import Selected as required.
6: Tap Continue.
7: Tap OK to confirm successful import. Your new inspections have now been imported and are ready to go in the inspections tab.
Your new inspections will now be ready to go in the Inspections tab. You can now go ahead and complete the inspections as they fall due. Remember to complete the inspection by using Submit to send a copy of the report to your email. Don't forget to save a copy to your computer where you can find it.
STEP 3: Upload Your Report Into GeeDee
Once you have saved a copy of the report, you are ready to upload it to Gee Dee.
- In GeeDee, locate the relevant property then from the Property menu (1) choose Inspection Report (2)
- Previous inspection reports (1) will be displayed at the top of the screen. Click the Inspection button (2) at the bottom, then click Yes (3) to import a copy of your latest report.
That's it for us, but don't forget to charge out the inspection and update the inspection dates.