Property Management Software Support - GeeDee Instructions for PIM
Great news! Data sharing between GeeDee and Property Inspection Manager is available for PIM Premium users. If you are not using the latest PIM version or would like to upgrade your account to PIM Premium, contact support. You can import data including Inspection Dates, Property, Owner and Tenant details.
Importing from GeeDee into PIM involves two stages;
(1) Uploading the file (txt) to our secure and confidential website using your PIM Premium login credentials,
(2) Download Import files into PIM on the iPad,
In this guide we will also walk you through;
(3) Uploading your reports into GeeDee.
Important Note: The import relies on GeeDee producing an automated report file during the end of day backups and transaction list print outs. As this is created in the back end you will need to contact GeeDee on (08) 9364 6677 or email email@example.com to get this set up for you. Just let them know you will be using Property Inspection Manager.
STEP 1: Upload TXT file to your PIM account
- On a computer go to www.propertyinspectionmanager.com and log in using your PIM Premium account details. This is the same Email and Password you use to log in to PIM on your iPad.
- Select the Import Files tab.
- Select Browse/Choose File (depending on whether which browser you are using) and then navigate to G:\Program Files\GeeDee\Proman\Archives\ and select the file Property_Inspection_Manager.txt. (Note: If the file does not exist then please contact GeeDee support on (08) 9364 6677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Select GeeDee v2 from the "Select the Product/Version" drop-down button since you are using the Property Management System of GeeDeeas shown below.
- Click Upload File.
- If an error appears such as the selected file could already exists you will need to rename the file so that it is unique. Try incorporating today's date into the filename i.e. 03062015-Property_Inspection_Manager.txt or simply delete the existing file located in your account with the same filename and upload again.
STEP 2: Download Import files into PIM on the iPad
Before continuing, ensure you have completed Step 1.
Open PIM and ensure you are logged into your PIM Premium account.
- Before importing any properties into PIM make sure you have completed the following steps:
- Check the Default Inspector is at the top of your inspectors list via Settings > PIM Admin > Inspectors. The PIM app will automatically associate the default Property Manager/Inspector in PIM against new Properties imported. To change the Default Inspector simply click Edit and then using the small bars move the desired Inspector to the top position and then click Done to save. The new Default Inspector is now ready.
- Select your Default Property Profile for Import and check all the Inspection Areas you need are included via Settings > PIM Admin > Property Profiles. A Property Profile is a best fit or average layout for your Properties or Inspections (including custom callouts i.e. Maintenance Required/Suggested Improvements). We suggest that if the Property Profile say has 3 Bedrooms and then for a specific Inspection if there are only 2 bedrooms, it’s quicker to delete the extra bedroom than add a bedroom.
- Check out - Setting up Property Profiles in PIM if you need more assistance. Configuring Property Profiles can be done in the PIM app via Settings > PIM Admin > Property Profiles
- Set the correct Inspection Type via Settings > PIM Admin > Inspection Type. Note the default Inspection Type is Inspection Report.
- Set 'Quick Check Always Ticked' in Settings > PIM Admin if you require all quick check labels to be automatically ticked 'on'.
- Click the Imports tab area and turn your iPad device so it is in landscape or horizontal mode.
- Tap Import Data in the top left. (Hint: We recommend you delete any existing import files from this list by using the Edit option to avoid confusion, especially if you always save your new Gee Dee export file with the same file name. Don't worry - deleting a file from here will NOT affect your inspections.)
- Once the files are processed tap on Import Files again and tap on your most recent property file. There are two steps to an import so use the toggles to select.
- Show New properties are those properties that have not previously been imported into PIM. The import will create a new inspection using the default Property Profile for Import.
- Show Existing Properties With Updated Information are those previously imported properties that contain updated information from GeeDee and contain a newer Inspection Date. When importing updated properties, PIM will automatically perform a 'Repeat Inspection' on these selected properties and a new Inspection will be created with updated Inspection Dates and include related updated tenancy data. The previous Inspection Area layout is preserved and any history notes are associated with that Inspection. We never update existing Inspections for safety and auditing reasons and to preserve the history of that Inspection in the app.
To filter only properties assigned to yourself or the default Inspector toggle Show Only Default Inspector
- In the top right corner, tap the Action button ( ) and then either select Import Selected or Import All (If the Action button is not visible, try restarting the app). This will begin creating the new inspections (as selected) in PIM. Wait a few moments and when finished all your properties will now be available in the Inspections tab area.
Note: If you are having trouble locating the G:\Program Files\GeeDee\Proman\Archives\Property_Inspection_Manager.txt you might also be able to trigger its generation manually from GeeDee Backup (Xport). See screenshot below.
You can now go ahead and complete the inspections as they fall due. Remember to complete the inspection by using Submit to send a copy of the report to your email. Don't forget to save a copy to your computer where you can find it.
STEP 3: Upload Your Report Into GeeDee
Once you have saved a copy of the report, you are ready to upload it to Gee Dee.
- In GeeDee, locate the relevant property then from the Property menu (1) choose Inspection Report (2)
- Previous inspection reports (1) will be displayed at the top of the screen. Click the Inspection button (2) at the bottom, then click Yes (3) to import a copy of your latest report.
That's it for us, but don't forget to charge out the inspection and update the inspection dates.